These banana and bacon pancakes are great for dipping in your favorite maple syrup.
Hands-on Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
1 cup Simply Milled™ Organic or Traditional Whole Wheat Flour
2 tbsp granulated sugar
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1 ¼ cup buttermilk
¼ cup melted butter, divided
6 strips cooked bacon
2 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced
1. In large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk, egg and 2 tbsp melted butter; whisk into flour mixture until well blended.
2. Heat some of the remaining butter in large skillet or griddle set over medium heat. For each pancake, drizzle about 2 tbsp batter into 7-inch long strip into skillet; cook, in batches, for 30 seconds. Nestle bacon strip on top of each strip; place 3 or 4 banana slices on top of bacon.
3. Drizzle 2 tbsp batter over bacon and banana to cover; cook for about 30 seconds or until bubbles form on surface. Flip over; cook for about 1 minute or until golden on bottom. Serve with maple syrup.
• Keep pancake fingers warm in a 300°F oven.
• For a shortcut, purchase precooked bacon.