This may become your favorite breakfast yet. Make it on the weekend and save leftovers for weekday breakfasts.
Hands-on Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour + 12 hours resting time
Makes: 6 servings
3 cups Simply Milled™ Organic or Traditional All-Purpose Flour (approx.)
1 envelope (2 ¼ tsp) instant dry yeast
1 tsp granulated sugar
1 tsp salt
1 ¼ cups warm water (100° to 110°F)
2 tbsp olive oil
Breakfast Pizza Toppings:
1 cup ricotta cheese
¼ tsp each salt and pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cups blanched mixed greens (such as spinach, kale, chard)
4 slices prosciutto, cut into ribbons
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
8 leaves fresh basil
6 fried eggs
Sea salt and cracked pepper
1. Whisk together 2 ¾ cups flour, yeast, sugar and salt. Stir in water and oil to make a dough. Transfer to lightly floured surface.
2. Knead for 8 to 10 minutes, adding as much remaining flour as needed to make smooth, elastic dough. Place in greased bowl; cover and let rise for 10 minutes.
3. Punch down dough. Roll out to fit into well-greased 15- x 10-inch baking sheet. Cover and refrigerate overnight; let dough come to room temperature before proceeding.
4. Breakfast Pizza Toppings: Preheat oven to 400°F. Stir together ricotta, salt, pepper and garlic. Spread over dough. Spread greens and prosciutto over top. Drizzle with olive oil; scatter Parmesan over top.
5. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until dough is puffed and crust is golden.
6. Top with basil leaves and fried eggs. Season eggs with salt and pepper.
• If you like, use thawed frozen chopped spinach for greens; press in sieve to remove excess moisture before using.