This brownie’s moist cake delivers the deep chocolate finish. It’s the ideal topper to a fantastic meal or delectable anytime snack.
Hands-on Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Makes: 16 servings
4 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
½ cup butter
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup packed brown sugar
¼ cup stout beer
½ tsp vanilla extract
½ cup Simply Milled™ Organic or Traditional All-Purpose Flour
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In heatproof bowl set over saucepan of barely simmering (not boiling) water, melt together chocolate and butter. Let cool.
2. Beat eggs with granulated and brown sugar until pale and thickened. Beat in beer and vanilla.
3. Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt; stir into egg mixture along with chocolate mixture until well blended.
4. Stir in chocolate chips; scrape into parchment paper–lined 9-inch square baking pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until tester comes out with a few crumbs clinging. Let cool. Cut into 16 squares.
• If desired, add ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans to brownies.
• For a change, try flavored stout beers such as chocolate, coffee or vanilla.