Pumpkin spice and puréed pumpkin are a great addition to everyday waffles. Add the decadent mascarpone topping and you will please everyone at the breakfast table.
Hands-on Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Makes: 6 servings
2 cups Simply Milled™ Organic or Traditional All-Purpose Flour
2 tbsp granulated sugar
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
½ tsp each baking soda and salt
Pinch cayenne pepper
1 ½ cups milk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
½ cup canned pumpkin purée
¼ cup melted unsalted butter
Vanilla Mascarpone Topping:
1 cup mascarpone
¼ cup whipping cream
1 tbsp icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla
¼ cup chopped toasted pecans
Maple syrup, for serving
1. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, salt and cayenne in large bowl. Set aside.
2. Whisk together milk, eggs, pumpkin purée and butter in separate bowl; whisk into flour mixture until smooth.
3. Heat waffle iron. Cook waffles according to manufacturer’s instructions to make 6 waffles.
4. Vanilla Mascarpone Topping: Beat together mascarpone, cream, icing sugar and vanilla just until combined (do not overbeat or mascarpone can split).
5. Serve waffles with Vanilla Mascarpone Topping. Top with toasted pecans and drizzle with maple syrup.
• If desired, add 1 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder to the topping to give it a chocolatey twist. Serve with a sprinkle of cinnamon.